See this?
Mmm, you are sweet and gorgeous perfection.
This luscious beauty comes from the great state of Washington and I can say without hesitation that this cherry represents the best I have ever tasted. Growing up in the Midwest, I'm guessing that all my previous cherry experiences originated in Michigan. With no disrespect to Michigan, Washington's cherries are WAY better.
One of the unexpected delights of relocating to the west coast is the divine local produce. Everything is fresh and yummy and cheap (seriously, despite CA's staggeringly high cost of living, fruits and veggies are astonishingly affordable). Someone brought several pounds of WA cherries to the BBQ I was at on Sunday and I was sent home with a good pint of cherries by the hostess. I've been enjoying them morning and night ever since.
This morning I made myself a fruit plate of grapes, cherries and strawberries. The colors were just stunning. Check it out.
Oh my. This post has made me quite hungry. I must go nom-nom-nom now. I suggest you do the same. Celebrate summer by eating!
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment