I declared the MSN website was dead to me in this post.
Alert readers (thanks Anita P and AMR) gave me some suggestions to fill the void left by the MSN redesign. Despite the expert assistance, I must be honest and admit I haven't really solved the problem of where to go to get my on-line news. I've done a lot of "shopping" but haven't settled into a routine yet.
However, Anita P brought my attention to a fantastic Google gadget called Reader. Holy smokes do I enjoy this functionality. Technically, I can use Reader to pull in news feeds but I've been busily gathering blogs to add to my subscription list.
Although this blog is over a year old, I didn't really synch into the blogging vibe until earlier this year. I was inspired by a number of people who blog regularly and their blogging awesomeness rubbed off on me.
(Not that I declare myself a fellow awesome blogger - I am so not and the more I visit other blogs the more sad my own little blog seems - but due to the dedication and verve these folks bring to their blogs, I decided to recommit to my own blog.)
I've been more about reading than writing the last month or so and haven't been posting at all. So, perhaps the news that I claim to be inspired and immersed in blog world strikes you as disingenuous since I ignored my own blog. I can see that and I can't defend it. All I can say is the inspiration to write hasn't been there.
But, it's back - at least for today.
In closing, I hope you watch this video. Wheezy Waiter is someone who I added to my Reader's subscription list. Although not technically a blogger, I love this guy. I particularly love that he does videos out of his apartment in Chicago. I super love that he did an entire video entry that echoes a sentiment I wrote about in this post. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment