I'm back from a whirlwind four days in San Diego. To tide you over until I can write a longer post, I humbly submit a sneak peak into our fun, adventurous, star-studded, relaxing, and wild weekend!
Fact - I seem to have a small problem with wildlife. In recent years, I have been the victim of an airborne attack from a seagull and the near-victim of a charging sheep. Don't laugh. These are actual events in my past. I have witnesses!
I have a working theory that the hostility I encountered from the wild animals is directly linked to my sweet canine sidekick. Being blessed to provide Miss M with her forever home has clearly put me off kilter with the universe and so the crummy relations I have endured, from the seagull trying to steal my ice cream and the sheep trying to head butt me, is just the universe trying to restore order.
As I said, it's a working theory.
Despite my affliction, on Day 3 of the SoCal adventure, KL and I visited the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park. While at the park, we decided to be extravagant and booked a photo caravan tour. During the tour, this happened.
Yes, that's me with my hand seemingly in the mouth of an Indian rhino (really I was just giving her some apples). This gentle giant let me feed her and pet her.
And other than a good deal of rhino spit, nothing bad happened.
Tomorrow I'll see if the universe gets back at me when I pick up Miss M from the kennel. Perhaps I'll be bringing home Cujo - stay tuned!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment