Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Get out!

Remember Elaine Benes? Ah, Elaine. Misanthrope. Hater of The English Patient. Terrible dancer. And then there is this.

I'm taking her directive seriously and leaving town for a few days. I'll be on a blogging hiatus whilst frolicking in SoCal for a girls' weekend. I'm leaving my passport at home so I can promise, at a minimum, that there will be no crazy tales from Tijuana but considering that Comic-Con is this weekend, all other bets are off!

The girls' weekend is perfectly planned since my good friend KL is celebrating a birthday on Thursday. Here she is last year during the Glacier trip. If it's not obvious, she was pretending to be Maria from The Sound of Music.


While we were in Montana, KL really thought this was a good idea.


Seriously, she lobbied hard to enter the Great Bear Adventure. And you wonder why I am purposely leaving my passport at home?

I don't think Mexico would survive us.

4 comments:

  1. "Your car is your cage" is more awesome than I could have imagined.

    Enjoy SoCal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll appreciate that "your car is your cage" was the MT mantra much like "tantrum" was for us in May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A small request - would you consider an RSS feed for your comments? I'm super-lazy so I don't often check back to see if you/others have commented. Now that you are in love with the Reader, you understand my pain...right?!

    If it isn't easy, let Will know. We RSS ours, so I'm sure he can help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added a "subscribe" gadget to the page. Let me know if this what you wanted. By far, you are my most frequent commenter (thanks!) so I'm motivated to keep you happy!

    ReplyDelete