- The Beatles recorded Please Please Me in a single day over the course of three 3-hour sessions. John Lennon had a terrible cold, and everyone knew his voice would be destroyed after singing "Twist and Shout", so they waited until the end of the day to record it. Going into a tenth hour of recording, after already recording ten songs, sucking on cold drops to ease his throat, John got the song in one take. I've always loved that song but knowing this makes me love it just a little bit more.
- Ringo Starr tended to be never ending source of malapropisms. Someone once remarked that he looked a little rough around the edges. His response: "It's been a hard day's night." And, lo, a new song title was born.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Random Beatles trivia
Earlier today I was driving home from the groomers (Miss M's nails were making Stewie Griffin-esque sounds on the wood floors and had to be tamed) and had the radio on. They were doing a bloc of Beatles songs with interview clips preceding each song. Of the two songs I heard, "Twist and Shout" and "A Hard Day's Night," I learned a little something about each song. I'm not sure which Beatle contributed to the interviews but behold what was shared:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment