Wednesday, November 3, 2010

On music

I recently confessed my love of music videos in this post. A recent viewing of the Weekly Top 20 included this striking video which totally caught my eye.



The lyrics are haunting and I dig orchestral arrangements for rock tunes. This is a case where the music is made even more lovely by the spare and elegiac video; and I'm so in love with the modern dance vignettes. Love.

Since discovering the video (and the artist - completely new name for me!), I also discovered this tune is totally sing-along-able - especially in the car. I got the opportunity twice today to crank up the volume and belt out the chorus along with Christina. Bonus points!

Do you have songs that make you reach for the volume knob and turn to 11 when you hear them in the car? I'd love to hear about them.

On the other end of the spectrum, here are a handful of artists guaranteed to make me change the station when I hear them in the car. In no particular order, they are:
  1. Matchbox Twenty and/or Rob Thomas
  2. Nickelback
  3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
  4. Steely Dan
  5. Daughtry
Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

1 comment:

  1. I can get behind your list, except for Steely Dan. That has it's place, but you can pretty much leave the rest on the shelf.

    I tend towards individual songs versus artists that inspire joy in the car. My favorites right now - Pure, Sweet About Me, Foundations and American Boy.

    ReplyDelete