Saturday morning confessional: I'm 34 years old and I still watch music videos.
It's true. I set my DVR to record the weekly Top 20 videos on VH1. As a small child, I would wake up on Saturday mornings and watch cartoons. As a not so young adult, I wake up on Saturday mornings and watch videos.
I don't want to explore what this says about me.
Some videos are better than others. Some artists are better than others. But. Oh my. When it's a good video. It's very good.
I present to you this. Go ahead and watch. I'll wait.
Are you back? Good. Good. So, let's discuss. Yes, these are the same boys that inflicted MMMBop on us 14 years ago.
If you happen to be dizzy that Hanson has been around for 14 years, you are not alone.
This video is such an affectionate, breezy, happy homage to a beloved movie and beloved movie scene.
Saturday morning confessional: I have watched The Blues Brothers probably 50 times.
Again, I don't want to explore what this says about me.
Now I will be quoting from the movie all day. So you can join in the fun, here are some of my favorites quotes:
"Oh, we got both kinds. We got country and western!"
"Did you get me my Cheez Wiz, boy?" For a fun meta mash-up, check here, too.
"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips."
"We're in a truck!"
Music videos and classic movies - what a great way to spend a Saturday morning! Thanks for indulging me.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I was dismayed to realize that MMMBop was 14 years old. Crimney - when did we get so old!
ReplyDeleteHowever, I maintain that a relaxing Saturday with mindless television, be it music videos, classic movies or cheesy dramas, is exactly what is required after a week at the salt mine.