Monday, August 30, 2010

Of trebuchets and volcanoes

No disrespect to my fellow bloggers but this is my favorite thing right now.

I'm seriously contemplating a search and find mission to Seattle to find The Oatmeal as I'm convinced we are soul mates. He's youngish but definitely within my acceptable age zone. I'm a little bummed out about his hatred towards all things equine but that's cool, I can crush on My Little Ponies on my own time.

I have laughed out loud - hard - while clicking through The Oatmeal's various comics and blog posts. He's not exactly 100% PC and I would not rate his website "safe for work" but if you don't offend easily and if you enjoy a healthy side dish of snark in your internet perusals, read on, my friends, read on.

Confession: Of all the gems, possibly my favorite is this shiny bit of awesomeness. Really. Anyone who can squeeze a trebuchet into their funeral instructions - and not have that be the centerpiece of said instructions - and in case you are wondering the centerpiece, for me, is the "pissed off volcano" - is a freaking hero. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I'll check it out! I'm always on the look out for a good blog.

    I've become a fan of SBTB. It's fun! I love the HaBO feature.

    And the comment feed seems to be working perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you love The Oatmeal as much as I.

    SBTB is just awesome. HaBO (and it took me a while to figure out what the acronym stands for) is absolutely the best part of the site. But "The Bitchery" is my runner up. What an enthusiastic, badass, vocal group of people! It is always good fun to slog through the comments and see what they have come up with.

    ReplyDelete