Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm calling it

I know it's a bit early to throw down best and worst lists but I'm going big, Olympics style, so here we go:

Jaime's top 5 of the Vancouver games
  1. Bob Costas - I love him. Seriously.
  2. Mary Carillo's nightly 'slice of Canada' segments - the blind sled dog killed me.
  3. Shaun White's 1260 McTwist
  4. Podium being used as a verb
  5. Brian Orser finally getting a gold medal - albeit as a coach but still pretty awesome.

Jaime's bottom 5 of the Vancouver games

  1. Julia Mancuso's whining
  2. Commentator for bobsled - that man's voice positively shredded my nerves. Plus, he used the term "catfight" at least three times in two minutes to describe the disintegration of a women's 2-man team. Really, "catfight"? During a national, prime time broadcast?
  3. Despite being co-located in the same time zone as the Olympics, being on tape delay
  4. Meryl Davis and Charlie White - ugh. Loathe them.
  5. Unreasonable coverage of ski jumping - I get it. They fly. They jump really far. And it's impressive. I swear it is. But, why, oh why must we watch so many jumps. And so many jumpers. On the normal hill. On the large hill. Oh, my God - just stop.

2 comments:

  1. I just had a huge LOL moment with the "catfight". I also agree that Julia whines way too much, so you didn't get a gold- big deal. I also agree with the skiing- end it already. It gets to the point where I am watching curling to break it up.
    Although I was surprised to see that ice-skating(not dancing) didn't make it as one of the top five. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mar! Glad I made you laugh. The catfight thing was just abominable. I actually found several web articles that referenced it.

    Regarding ice skating, if you were surprised I didn't include Evgeny's shameful post-award whining, I didn't include it in my list because I am choosing to not acknowledge his poor sportsmanship.

    ReplyDelete