Friday, September 10, 2010

How I spent my Friday evening

It's possible that I played UNO this evening.

Raise your hand if you played a lot of UNO while growing up. (raises both hands!)

It's also possible I played a hand so brilliantly that I was left with only one card ("UNO!") after my first move.

I played a red +2...
Followed by a blue +2...
Followed by a yellow +2...
Followed by a yellow skip...
Followed by a red skip...
Followed by a red 9.

(This was a two-person game, obviously.)

As my UNO opponent stared open-mouthed in astonishment, I bravely predicted I would ultimately lose the hand. My opponent, who hadn't had a chance to put a single card down yet and was already holding 13 cards, scoffed. Loudly. Knowing my luck, I bet my opponent a million dollars that I would lose.

You will be unsurprised to know that I currently owe my co-worker, Justin, a million dollars.

Vegas should offer me a job as a cooler. I have the luck for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment