Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hoping the holidays were merry and bright for you and yours!

I am writing this post at my home away from home. I've been traveling for the last 2.5 weeks and the majority of that time has been spent at my dear friend Shaz's house. She has graciously allowed me to commandeer her TV, futz with her thermostat and eat her food. It's like being at home!

Seriously, I was very blessed to spend so much time with my friends in Illinois before Christmas, spend Christmas with my parents in Virginia and be back in Chicago for New Year's. It's been cold and icy outside, in both places, but every place I have visited has been warm and inviting inside.

I always try to count my blessings but this holiday season has made me particularly appreciative of my friends and family. So to all of you, THANK YOU. In particular:
  • Shaz for all the hospitality,

  • JDF for hosting TWO parties,

  • KTSI for buzzing me in at 1:15AM on a school night, and

  • Cash for making me an incredibly yummy NYE meal *and* complimenting my wine selection.

Happy 2010, everyone - hope the new year starts off right and only gets better!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie! I am so excited to follow your blog! I love the pictures of your Montana trip-fun and fun!
    Love Ya-
    Marlen

    ReplyDelete