Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gosh, I suck

Dear readers,

I broke a promise to you. Back in June, I pledged to, at a minimum, post weekly. The entire month of August has passed with nary a post. I have lots of reasons and excuses but none of them matter because I broke my promise. Good thing it wasn't a covenant deal like Noah and the flood. Not that I am God in this scenario.

Anyway, August - where did it go? I spent nine glorious days in the wilderness of Montana experiencing Glacier National Park and it was good. I don't have enough adjectives for the majesty and beauty of this national treasure. I will say that if you ever get a chance to go, do it.

After that though, I can't really account for my time. It was a blur of pain and frustration. An altogether un-fun month. Now I don't want anyone worried that I am unhappy in my new city or my life here so let me explain:
  • The pain goes to an injury I sustained on Day 2 of the Montana experienced. I badly sprained my ankle on a hike and limped through the rest of the vacation (super fun when the entire trip centers around hiking and exploring). 30 days later it is just getting back to pre-sprain levels. For those of you unaware of the topography in the Bay Area here, it's really hilly. Lots of hills. Lots of steps. Very treacherous for the unsound of ankle and foot. You can imagine that trying to heal an ankle injury has been super challenging.
  • The frustration goes to multiple sources: the ongoing drama of the car and my condo in Illinois. For those of you keeping count, the car drama is now entering the 4th month. I haven't even seen my car since July 13. I hate it. Seriously. The condo drama is new and relatively good in the sense that a buyer came forward and the condo is under contract. Yay... except I have the worst real estate agent EVER and can't wait for this process to be over. Right now the lawyers are doing their thing and I have my fingers crossed that the buyer doesn't walk away. Your good thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

So, that's what I've been up to and you are caught up.

In closing, here are some Glacier pictures to tide you over until I can do a proper post.


I did not climb over the rail nor did I fall into the water and nearly drown. However, I am told that I looked remarkably like the stick figure on this sign on my way down. So helpful for the National Park Service to provide an illustration.




Bears (the actual animals not the Monsters of the Midway) were quite a hot topic in Glacier. Everyone eagerly swapped stories of bear encounters. I'm quite happy to report that while I spied bears on two occassion from the safety of the rental vehicle there were (very fortunately) no up close and personal interactions - thank goodness.



Big smiles from everyone. Our last hike of the trip. We ascended to gaze upon Avalanche Lake. Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment