Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In praise of visitors

So, I'm hoping that I haven't been too subtle. I was, and continue to be, 100% serious about you, gentle reader, helping to boost the flagging California economy by bringing your tourist dollars to the Bay Area. In other words, COME VISIT!

There, the veil of subtlety has been lifted.

I am very pleased to anticipate the arrival of a trio of familiar faces (who obviously didn't need this gentle reminder) and am very, very excited to have the opportunity to run around town with them over the holiday weekend. Who knows what adventures await us? Perhaps some of our stories will find their way into this blog...

In further praise of visitors, I'd like to make a special mention to my dear friend Sharon who made her inaugural visit to SF a mere two weeks after I arrived. Not only did she come out with all haste but she had the decency to do it over my birthday weekend. Thanks, Sharon, you are one in a million.

Just think, when you come visit, you too can have your picture taken with an iconic SF site. Choices include: Golden Gate Bridge (seen below), Transamerica Pyramid, Coit Tower, cable cars, Alcatraz Island, Lombard St, etc.


YOUR FACE HERE

Promise me that you'll think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment