Oh the shame!
I certainly don’t dispute the lack of postings. It’s truly not that I don’t think about posting to the blog. Actually, I think about it often but as we all know, thoughts don’t translate to actions without effort; and in the effort department, I have been sadly lacking. I don’t know what this audience will find worse: lack of posts due to absolute laziness on the part of the blogger (which is true) or lack of stories substantial enough to qualify as worthy posts (possibly true but completely un-testable due to the very lock of posts). It’s a vicious cycle…
However, I am making a public statement: I will do better.
I can’t promise daily posts but I will commit to weekly posts, at the minimum. Unto you, I swear this.
For all of you who have checked in regularly and have been really, really, REALLY sick of seeing that Jeopardy post from February, I thank you for your patience, perseverance and persistence. I repeat, I will do better.
As an Easter egg, I will close with a highlight from my recent visit to Chicago.
I was lucky enough to attend a Milwaukee Brewers / Chicago White Sox game at Miller Park on a beautiful June evening. One of the delights of any Brewers game is the running of the sausages. The sausage race is a Milwaukee tradition kept right alongside the singing of ‘Take Me Out to the Ballgame’ and ‘Roll Out the Barrel’ during the seventh inning stretch. When the sausages were announced prior to the race, I decided to put my faith in Chorizo. Chorizo is a spicy sausage and I was betting that spiciness would translate to speediness. I am happy to report that Chorizo ran a great race and brought home the blue ribbon.
The sausages line up.
Chorizo takes an early lead.
Chorizo wins first place.


Okay - I must admit I am one that checked your blog weekly to find the same old post and thought she must be sooooo busy discovering her new home that she does not have time to post. Now, only to find that your next post is about snausages from Chicago - no less. Now I want to see SF highlights. Go out there and explore! Luv ya' Heather
ReplyDeleteI too picked the Chorizo!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are taking my battle cry to heart....Do Better!
I know that "you will...you can...you shall" to quote another famous friend. GO-BE-DO!
Also FYI- I personall don't mind if the posts aren't quite blog worthy. is there really such a thing? isn't supposed to be stream of consciousness stuff?
@Hef - so actually, the "snausages" were in Milwaukee, not Chicago, but I get your point. Posts about SF will follow.
ReplyDelete@Shaz - Go Team Chorizo! "Do better" is an excellent battle cry - ai yai yai!
i'm curious what the other 4 sausages were?
ReplyDelete@ Amy & Erik - wow, great question! I actually had to do 15 seconds of searching on the Internet to find this link: http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mil/fan_forum/racing_sausages.jsp It turns out there are five sausages: Chorizo is joined by Bratwurst, Italian Sausage, Polish Sausage and Hot Dog.
ReplyDelete